What is the skin barrier?
The skin barrier is the outermost layer of your skin. It is made up of a variety of protective substances and fatty acids which help to shield the skin from environmental factors such as harmful chemicals, dust, pollution, and UV rays. It also helps your skin to remain hydrated by preventing water loss.
Essentially, when your skin barrier is healthy, it works as your skin’s very own amour, however if it is damaged or unhealthy, you will experience a range of skin issues. Some symptoms of a damaged skin barrier may include dryness, itching, rashes, tightness and breakouts.
Many people cause damage to their skin by using the wrong products. A combination of too many irritating substances can cause tiny breaks in the skin barrier.
How to look after your skin barrier
- An absolutely crucial step to take is to protect your skin from the sun. Wear an spf of at least factor 30 every day, even during the colder months.
- Always wash your face with lukewarm water. Water that is to hot or too cold can irritate your skin.
- Keep your skin thoroughly hydrated and moisturised – Moisturise daily and drink lots of water. Use a mild cleanser as some can strip your skin of its natural oils and the essential moisture it needs.
- Don’t overdo it with skin care products – overly exfoliating or applying too many strong ingredients can damage the skin barrier and make your skin angry. Be gentle with the products you use, and the way you treat your skin.
- Use fragrant free and pH neutral products.
- Ceramides and hyaluronic acid are particularly beneficial for your skin barrier.
Look after your skin barrier with Clinisoothe+
Clinisoothe+ Skin Purifier helps to protect your skin from external pollutants and impurities and promotes rapid recovery.
Our gentle formula uses advanced hypochlorous technology which has a skin neutral pH, and therefore causes no damage to your skin. It can also be applied anywhere on the face or body where any irritation, breakouts or redness occur.
The hypochlorous has a unique oxidizing method of action which cleanses and provides purifying antimicrobial protection, but is also gentle on the skin: it doesn’t harm, irritate or cause sensitivity to the dermal layer.
Clinisoothe+ is non-toxic, contains no alcohol and is non-cytotoxic to re-growing skin cells. It is clinically formulated and dermatologically tested to guarantee its safety on even the most sensitive skin. It is also vegan friendly.
Try Clinisoothe+ Skin Purifier, a gentle product to add to your skincare routine. Simply spritz your skin after cleansing and allow the product to soothe redness or irritation.